Shapes and Spaces
- Do jigsaws and talk about which shapes fit together.
- Make patterns with ‘ink blots’ and talk about interesting features.
- Look out for examples of symmetry in your home and outdoors: for example, in buildings, in road signs, in gates of houses, in ornaments.
- Make shapes or patterns by folding and cutting paper, then talk about special features.
- Talk about shapes and patterns you can see around you in the house or outside: for example, different patterns of tiles on walls or floors.